Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 31, 2009

    UFC 94 Predictions

    I've been a diehard MMA fan since UFC I was televised while I was in the police academy in 1993. I've seen hundreds of cards from Dream to Pride to Strikeforce to EliteXC to UFC to Affliction.....but I have never been so pumped for an MMA card as I am for UFC 94 tonight. I'm a big B.J. Penn fan and am hoping he takes it but I have a ton of respect for GSP and just want to see an historic fight. I thought I'd take my shot at some prognosticating for tonight's card:

    UFC 94

    Matt Arroyo v. Dan Cramer ARROYO
    Jake O'Brien v. Christian Wellisch O'BRIEN
    Chris Wilson v. John Howard WILSON
    Manny Gamburyan v. Thiago Tavares TAVARES
    Jon Fitch v. Akihiro Gono FITCH
    Nate Diaz v. Clay Guida GUIDA
    Karo Parisyan v. Dong Hyun Kim KIM
    Stephan Bonnar v. Jon Jones BONNAR
    Lyoto Machida v. Thiago Silva MACHIDA
    B.J. Penn v. Georges St. Pierre GSP

    As you can see, I love B.J. but I picked GSP. If I was betting on the fight and could get +160 or +170 on B.J., I would definitely go that route. At this point, I think GSP's wrestling is going to be the difference but I'm praying for an epic B.J. performance.

    I'll check back on Monday to see how I did.

    Thanks for reading,

    Eric "W2D"

    No comments: