Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, March 17, 2008

    Close Call


    It has been a tough three weeks as I've seen my bankroll take a considerable hit since my win in the $23K guaranteed. Frankly, I've been playing relatively awful and wondering if I would ever cash again. I had a long talk with RUBBA and he convinced me to play the TILT $1 Million guaranteed. He said that I've always been about taking shots and he had confidence in me.

    7.5 hours later, I finished 40th in the damn thing for a $2,700 score. There were over 2,300 entrants. I played focused and controlled poker throughout and then hung on as I went completely card dead the last 2 hours. I shoved A-K UTG and got a call from K-K and that was that......Sigh.....Just one time let me run like a complete God with a horseshoe up my ass just for like 90 minutes at the end of a major tournament. I'm convinced that's what you need to have happen.

    Oh well....that little score helped soothe the wounds of the last 2 weeks and basically got me even for the month of March. Now it's time to ride that momentum to another big score and help sew up my WSOP ME entry.

    Thanks for reading,

    W2D

    No comments: