So as this self-persecution continued, I got an AIM from my good friend Rubbarose who began echoing many of the same sentiments I was feeling. Lack of motivation, poor bankroll management, etc. etc. As the conversation continued, he said that we needed a change... a spark...something to light a fire under two players that have talent but were not capable, in present form, to achieve the levels of the past. He proposed a series of poker-related prop bets. The discussion evolved and we ended up with the following arrangement:
- Each person would pick five prop bets
- The bets would be divided into two divisons of five (Rubba/W2D)
- There would be bounties as follows:
- $50 for each bet accomplished
- The winner of the Rubba Division gets hotel and dinner in Vegas for a degen weekend
- The winner of the W2D Division gets a $300-$500 buy-in to an LAPC tournament
- Overall winner has to change their STARS avatar to whatever the other one chooses
4. The bets are only good on TILT and STARS
Here are the bets:
- Win an online MTT with more than 1,000 entrants
- Build your online bankroll to at least $6,500 (no deposits)
- Final table a Sunday major (Major, second chance, or Mulligan)
- Win a pot at an online cash table over >$1,000
- Win 3 online MTT's within 14 days (min. 250+ players)
- Build your http://www.pocketfives.com/ PLB score to over 2,000.
- Win five (5) TILT $750K or STARS Million seats in one week.
- Win an online MTT with at least a $100 buy-in. (Min. 100+ players)
- Be up at least five (5) buy-in's at a cash table (min. stakes $.50/$1 NL)
- In an online MTT...4-bet pre-flop with pocket fives and somehow win the pot. (HH must be saved)
There is only one of the bets that I am inherently taking the worst of and that is the pocketfives PLB bet. My current score is only 975 and I think his is like 1,500 so I'm definitely at the short end of the stick on that one.
Anyways, the contest starts on August 1st and I will return from Jamaica pumped and ready to bury Rubbarose and display my dominance once again. Well....or.....I'll just get smoked like I usually do in wagers with Rubba. Either way, it should be fun and provide us some "extra" motiviation. If I got any of the bounties or prizes incorrect, I'll check with Rubba and make the changes.
Thanks for reading,