Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 25, 2008

    Wasted Opportunity



    I played another full Sunday schedule and had another maddening day. I played great overall and just got kicked in the nuts on several occasions. I won't bother to discuss or post any bad beats but needless to say....it was gut-wrenching.

    I finally went deep in the 9th MTT I played in (STARS $25K). There were 1985 entrants and I was able to navigate myself to the final two tables. I played relatively mistake-free throughout before making a questionable move with 12 players left. A player had opened two consecutive pots before opening a third from middle position. I looked down at Q-J on the button and thought it was a good spot to build the stack before the final table. I 3-bet shoved with tons of fold equity and he called with 10-10. The flop came J-10-6 and that was the end of that. I was crippled and busted out two hands later in 12th place for $422.

    When are these god-forsaken WSOP satellites going to start? I'm jonesing, here!!!......

    One last shout out to DannyMac31 who has just been killing STARS in February. He has two huge wins, a second, and a deep finish in the $500 STARS million yesterday. Great job DMac!!!

    Thanks for reading,

    W2D

    No comments: