Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 4, 2008

    I'm still alive...


    I am still alive although you wouldn't know it from this blog. I just returned from 4days of golfing in Palm Springs and am trying to actually put some hours in at work. All-star softball for my daughter is pretty much dominating my life right now and I have had very little time to play poker.

    As always, I am obsessed with WSOP coverage and spend a lot of my days and/or nights reading updates and watching video blogs of the professionals. I CAN'T WAIT for the 26th. I neeeeeeeeeed to be at the RIO ASAP!!!!!!!

    Just to give you an idea of how good I'm playing lately but how little I actually am...here has been my last week of poker. On May 29th, I played in exactly 3 MTT's. I took 11th out of 278 entrants in the TILT $17.5K, 39th out of 1500 entrants in the Midnight Madness, and 23rd out of 435 entrants in the $23K. I was close to $10K in paydays and ended up with three nominal cashes.......I next played on June 1st. I played in 3 MTT's as well. No cashes in the first two but won a $535 seat in a $50 satty for another profitable evening.....I played in one $11 18-man SNG last night and took 3rd. My quantity is horrible but my quality is good lately. I'm just gearing up for the WSOP.

    May was my first losing month of the year so I will not attain my goal of 12 straight profitable months this year. I chalk that up to simply lack of playing time and a failure to obtain any level of continuity.

    I love Gus Hansen's new book "Every Hand Revealed." It's unlike any of the other 5 million books I've read which is rare because there isn't too much innovative stuff out there anymore. I highly recommend it to all levels of players.

    I'll check back soon...

    Thanks for reading,

    W2D

    P.S. I threw in a random Matusow and me picture from the 2006 WSOP.

    No comments: